A space’s alignment and design can have a big impact on the happiness and prosperity of its occupants, according to the ancient Indian philosophy of architecture known as Vastu Shastra. The dining room is one of the many rooms in the house that has a unique significance because it is where the family comes together to eat and spend time together. Positive attitudes, good health, and a sense of cohesion among family members can be fostered by a tastefully decorated and harmonized dining area. To create a warm and auspicious mood in the dining area, we shall explore several Dining Room Vastu techniques in this post.
Why is Dining Room Vastu Important?
The dining room is a crucial component of any house, and Dining Vastu’s significance resides in its capacity to affect the family’s general harmony and well-being. The dining room is significant because it serves as a place where family members gather to enjoy meals, strengthen their bonds, and take care of their bodies, according to Vastu Shastra, an ancient Indian discipline of building and design. Here are some justifications for the significance of Dining Room Vastu:
- Fosters Family Unity: Families eat together every day in the dining room. In this area, applying Vastu principles promotes harmony, better communication, and the strengthening of family ties. Family members feel more bonded and develop stronger bonds when they eat meals together in a happy environment.
- Nourishes and Energises: According to Dining Vastu, the food we eat affects our mental and emotional health in addition to maintaining our physical bodies. When the eating area is constructed by Vastu principles, it promotes good energy flow, helps with better nutrient absorption from meals, and results in enhanced health and vigor.
- Improves Digestion: Dining Room Vastu suggests particular family member sitting arrangements and meal guidelines. For instance, it is thought to improve digestion and promote general well-being to have the family head face East while dining. Better digestion and assimilation of meals are facilitated by the positive energy flow in the dining area.
- Positive Atmosphere: A welcoming and cheerful mood is created in a dining area that was designed using Dining Vastu principles. Having a clean, organized, and visually beautiful dining area promotes enjoyment and peace during meals. A welcoming atmosphere in the dining area can improve the mood and promote honest and heartfelt dialogue among family members.
- Encourages Abundance: Vastu principles put a strong emphasis on achieving a space’s energy balance. When the dining room abides by these guidelines, it aids in luring favorable forces associated with abundance and prosperity. The family may then experience more opportunities, financial security, and a sense of contentment as a result.
- Impact on Eating Patterns: A dining area that follows Vastu principles might improve eating patterns. Family members are more likely to eat meals at home rather than elsewhere when the dining area is warm and inviting. This may result in better eating practices and a greater appreciation for the social act of eating together.
- Connects with the Elements: The five natural elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Space are closely related to Vastu Shastra. A well-designed dining room that incorporates these components can produce a tranquil yet lively ambiance. For instance, connecting the dining area with the element of Air and attracting pleasant energies can be achieved by including natural light, adequate ventilation, and indoor plants.
- Effect on Guest Relations: In many cultures, entertaining and serving visitors takes place in the dining area. A dining area created using Vastu principles can make an excellent first impression on visitors. It fosters warmth and hospitality during meetings and festivities by generating a welcoming and cozy atmosphere.
Dining Room Vastu Tips
The Dining Room’s Location
The dining room should be placed in the house’s west or east directions, according to Dining Room Vastu principles. While the West direction is linked to social events and nighttime communication, the East direction is connected to the morning light and is thought to bring positive energy. The eating room should not be located in the middle of the house or close to the entry as this could obstruct the flow of good energy.
Size and Shape
The dining room’s size and shape can also affect the Dining Vastu of the area. Dining rooms that are square or rectangular are viewed favorably since they stand for stability and balance. A sense of separation and anxiety among the family members may result from dining rooms with irregular shapes or that are overly vast.
Dining Table Setup
According to Vastu Shastra, the location of the dining table is important. The dining table should ideally be placed in the middle of the dining room, leaving an equal amount of space on all sides. This setup encourages a sense of harmony and balance at meals. Additionally, make sure the dining table does not touch any walls since this could obstruct the flow of good energy.
According to Dining Room Vastu, the leader of the household should eat with their backs to the East wall, which is thought to improve digestion and encourage happiness. For a peaceful dinner experience, other family members can seat with their backs to the East or the North. To encourage a leisurely and enjoyable mealtime, make sure that all the chairs are in good shape and have comfortable backrests.
To create a friendly ambiance, the dining area must have the appropriate lighting. Have windows on the East or North side of the dining room to let morning sunshine in. Natural light is highly preferred. Use gentle, pleasant lighting in the evening to create a nice atmosphere for family dinners.
Decor and Colours
Our emotions and energies are greatly influenced by colors. The dining room walls should be painted in soft hues like pastel tones, beige, or light shades of white, according to Vastu. Avoid utilizing bright, dark colors since they could give off an impression of weight. To improve the energy of the place, use artwork or photos with uplifting and pleasant themes.
Avoid Negative Elements
To preserve positive energy in the dining area, some things should be avoided. For instance, it is preferable to avoid placing the dining room close to the kitchen or bathroom as this could cause disruptions while people are eating. Additionally, keep violent or depressing artwork off the walls because they can affect the room’s ambiance.
Greenery and Clean Air
Any space is given vitality and positivity by plants. The dining room’s air can be made cleaner and more natural by adding a few indoor plants. Pick plants with rounded or supple leaves since Dining Vastu considers them to be more advantageous. Additionally, make sure the dining space has adequate ventilation so that fresh air can circulate, creating a healthier and livelier atmosphere.
Organization and cleanliness
The flow of positive energy might be obstructed by a messy and congested dining area. The eating room needs to be kept tidy, decluttered and organized. Before eating, get rid of anything superfluous and make sure the dining table is free of clutter. This routine encourages health and a feeling of freshness.
A pleasant and welcoming dining room is very important in fostering family ties, unity, and general well-being. You may make your dining area a place that promotes optimism, happiness, and prosperity by using these Dining Room Vastu recommendations. Keep in mind that Vastu Shastra is a holistic science, so while adhering to these rules will improve the energy in your dining room, the environment of your entire home is just as crucial. Dining Vastu principles can have a great effect on your family’s life if you combine them with love, care, and respect for one another.